Top reads for 2013 January 6, 2013Posted by Diana McCabe in Authors, Book lists, Book picks, Fun stuff.
Tags: charlaine harris, karen marie moning, Kimberly Derting, Kresley Cole, Laini Taylor, Melissa Marr, Patricia Briggs
add a comment
Sorry for the lag between posts. Wish I could say I was out time traveling but it was something more mundane: work! However, I’m back. So here’s a look at my fave reads from last year and what I’m looking forward to reading in 2013. (This is part of a post I did for my friends at www.sookiestackhouse.com. You can read their faves here!) Did I miss any of your faves? Let me know in the comments section. Happy New Year!
MY FAVE 2012 BOOKS:
1. Poison Princess (Book No. 1 in Arcana Chronicles) by Kresley Cole (This is a YA book but it’s a combo of a dystopian world/Tarot card characters and a smoking hot attraction between the heroine and lead male character. Great read.)
2. Iced (Dani O’Malley series No. 1) by Karen Marie Moning (Ending is predictable but I just wanna know more about the Fever world!)
4. Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr (Promising start to a nifty series set in world of daimons vs. witches)
5. Days of Blood & Starlight (Book No. 2 of Daughter of Smoke and Bone) by Laini Taylor (Fantastic sequel to Daughter of Smoke and Bone, whose opening line is “Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well.”)
BOOKS I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO READING IN 2013:
1. Dead Ever After (Last of the Sookie books) by Charlaine Harris
2. Frost Burned (Book No. 7 of the Mercy Thompson series) by Patricia Briggs
3. Dead Silence (Book No. 4 in the Body Finder series) by Kimberly Derting
4. Endless Knight (Book No. 2 in the Arcana Chronicles) by Kresley Cole (tentative title)
5. Burned (Dani O’Malley Book No. 2) By Karen Marie Moning