add a comment
Odds & Ends:
- I Am way behind in my reading and interviewing. Christine Feehan, who just released HIDDEN CURRENTS — the 7th book in her Drake Sisters novels, is awaiting my questions for my next Q&A. So if you have anything you’d like me to ask, let me know!
- Charlaine Harris is busy working on her 1oth Sookie Stackhouse book, so any interview with her will have to wait until she gets done with the first take on that work. (More news on what she’s been up to: CLICK HERE.)
- I am seriously bummed that there isn’t a new episode on TRUE BLOOD — based on the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris — on HBO this weekend. However, I did find an interesting NPR interview with Anna Paquin — CLICK HERE to listen to it. This ran just before season No. 2 of TRUE BLOOD’s debut, but she talks about some of the special effects (like drinking blood from a fake arm) and other tidbits.
- I am looking for folks who are attending the Romance Writers of America’s annual conference, which is in Washington D.C., July 15 – 18. Hoping for contributions, such as photos and even snippets of what it’s like to attend. Please let me know if you’re attending and would like to guest blog. (CLICK HERE for a reminder of the nominees for the Paranormal Romance categories!)
- Finally — for Alyson Noel fans, she’ll be signing copies of BLUE MOON (release date July 7) at the Barnes & Noble store in Orange on July 17 at 6 p.m. She’ll also be on a discussion panel and signing her book at Comic Con at the San Diego Convention Center on July 24. (Panel: 12:30- 1:30 and book signing: 1:30 – 2:30.)
Comments or suggestions for the blog? Want to guest blog? Let me know!
Comments: Just leave me your contact info in comments section
Tags: contest, FaeFever, Ireland, karen marie moning
add a comment
Attention fans of Karen Marie Moning’s “Fever Series.” Create a 30 second to 2-minute book trailer based on reading a special excerpt summarizing her Fever series: DARKFEVER, BLOODFEVER, FAEFEVER (release date July 28) and DREAMFEVER (release date Aug. 18). The trailer that best brings the series alive wins a four-day, three-night trip for two to Dublin.
Entries will be judged on originality (30% of score), creativity (30% of score), and ability to generate interest in reading the rest of Karen’s “Fever Series” (40% of score).
The contest starts today (June 29) and all book trailers must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EDT on Aug. 7. For complete contest rules — and there are a lot, so read the fine print — and how to get the special excerpt you’ll need, CLICK HERE.
Tags: charlaine harris, hbo, true blood, vampires
1 comment so far
books. She will appear in the season 2 finale at Merlotte’s. No vampires in the scene because it was filmed during the day. Here are some of her posts (from the message board section on her Web site) about her experience!
I am here in Beverly Hills. I’m ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille! (That’s from “Sunset Boulevard,” for you younger readers.) Actually, I’m here to do some meetings and to do a cameo for “True Blood.” It’s much cooler here than it is at home, to my surprise.
Yes, season two. I think this’ll be a bar scene. Yes, there’s a picture of Alan and me behind the bar. There was also a picture of my daughter’s softball team on one wall for much of season one, though it’s down now. I figured Sam would support the local teams.
I’ll be in the final episode in a scene in Merlotte’s.
It was fun. It was also a learning experience. This scene takes place in daytime, so none of the vamps were there, and Anna didn’t have a line in the scene, either. But I got to visit with Rutina (Tara), Sam (Sam!), Terry (Todd Lowe), and Arlene (Carrie Preston). It was good to run into Chris Bauer (Andy) when I went outside to get some air, and while I was eating supper at the Farmer’s Market, I ran into the late great Denise Rattray (Karina Logue).
Podcast: Make sure to check out the fan-based Last Bite podcast for a discussion on the show by Sookie Stackhouse aficionados Maria, Pamela, and Tamara. They also have a lot of news and spoilers! The podcast is usually ready for download by Monday night.
add a comment
The opener for season No. 2 of HBO’s True Blood series sucked in 3.7 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research data. That’s the most since the finale of The Sopranos. Read more about the ratings HERE.
Also — everyone was talking about the hot scenes in the opener, starring Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer. Paquin, who plays Sookie — based on the Charlaine Harris’ Sookie Stackhouse books — says viewers will be seeing a lot more of her — without clothing — this season, and she’s been working out in the gym to get in shape. (I mean was that last love scene HOT or what!!??)
She tells the The National Ledger: “I get more naked this season than I did last season. … We have a really great crew and everyone’s really respectful. It’s not an issue for me.”(To read the entire article, CLICK HERE.)
And what was with that tinfoil in Eric’s hair? I guess even vampires need highlights and some evidently (Bill) recycle. But check out what Alexander Skarsgard told the New York Post’s PopWrap why “There’s more to Eric than being a badass vampire.”
And for all other insights into the HBO series, go to www.sookiestackhouse.com. Each week, the trio of Maria, Tamara and Pamela will podcast their thoughts on the show and offer up some spoilers and other gossip from the show. They also have a ton more interviews with the cast and a lot more vampire entertainment news.
COMING UP: I’ll be interviewing Christine Feehan. Anyone who has read her Carpathian series, Ghost Walkers books , Leopard series or her Drake sister novels knows how cool her stories are — although how does she keep all her series straight? If you’ve got questions for her — lemme know in the comments section below.
add a comment
Last month, Harris released her ninth Sookie book: DEAD AND GONE.
Season two of “True Blood,” which starts June 14, is expected to move further away from the novels. Even in season one, Ball added his own spin and even characters who were not in the books.
Ball told the Daily News that he doesn’t talk much with Harris about the direction of the show, but they are in touch.
“She actually is going to come out and do a cameo probably in the last episode of the season,” said Ball. “But I do think it’s best to just respect that boundary. Maybe I’m just being chicken because I don’t want to hear that she hates this or she hates that.”
CLICK HERE to read the whole article